I am a Trauma and Orthopaedic surgeon with a special interest in hip and knee surgery. The conditions I most commonly treat cause joint pain and have a negative impact on mobility and function. This include a whole host of conditions that cause degeneration in the joint (osteoarthritis and other conditions that can lead to it). I also perform revision (re-do) operations for patients who develop problems with hip and knee replacements that they already have.
The bulk of my practice is centred around Hip and Knee Replacement surgery. The procedures I most frequently perform include:
- Primary Total Hip Replacement (THR)
- Uncemented THR
- Cemented THR
- Hybrid THR
- Primary Total Knee Replacement (TKR)
- Cemented TKR
- Revision Total Hip Replacement/Revision Total Knee Replacement
- Single Stage Revision
- Two Stage Revision
- Periprosthetic Fracture Fixation
- Local Anaesthetic/Steroid Injections to the Hip & Knee
- Knee Arthroscopy
- General Trauma including Paediatric Trauma.